The Enigma Gaming Clan Web Forum
Hello welcome to The Enigma Gaming official clan forums please log in or register, thank you.
Hello welcome to The Enigma Gaming official clan forums please log in or register, thank you.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Enigma Gaming - Leading the FPS Genre

PortalRegisterHomeLatest imagesLog in
All members of Enigma Gaming please register now.
Please Register and make a few posts, thank you.
Get involved with the latest clan operations today!

Headset

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ElvisPresjew

Headset Empty
PostSubject: Headset   Headset EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 5:17 am

Looking to get a headset n all that jazz for around £30. I've noticed there are a lot of PC headsets that have the 2 jacks for sound and mic, and have read that getting a USB sound card thing, and plugging that into the PS3, then the headset into that could work. Was wondering if anyone actually KNOWS if this works, as I don't want to buy one, and then be stuck with a headset that I can't use.

Here is some links to show what I mean;

http://www.amazon.com/Plantronics-GameCom-Closed-Ear-Gaming-Headset/dp/B001E45XT4/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1281118486&sr=8-6

See the 2 jacks?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/August-US01-bus-powered-simulation-environment/dp/B002FI7GWK/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1281118546&sr=8-2

Theres the sound card adaptor (one of 100s).

I guess if no one knows then there is only one way to find out. Wish I had more cash lying around to spend on TB or others.
Back to top Go down
Progenitor
Leader
Leader
Progenitor

Headset Empty
PostSubject: Re: Headset   Headset EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 6:11 am

Ive never seen this before but it could work , there's two jacks in that sound card 1 for sound and 1 for mic, then u just plug that usb output in your ps3. Check the feedback to see if its ps3 compatible.

If that works its a great Headset for that ammount of money.

Note that it will never be true 7.1 surround sound , it just simulates the 2.0 into 7.1 never the less id say give it a shot. Hope it works on ps3
Back to top Go down
Progenitor
Leader
Leader
Progenitor

Headset Empty
PostSubject: Re: Headset   Headset EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 6:12 am

heres a revieuw i just read :

I bought this for my Playstation 3 and it does the job, it works and is not too big to fit. The system software lets you set the input and output audio devices separately. So game audio and voice chat can both come out through the TV's speakers.

I'm taking one star off because it doesn't work properly with one of my microphones. It only picks up the treble if I half insert the mic jack, and picks up nothing if I insert it all the way. I know the mic's not faulty because it works properly when plugged into my PC's onboard sound.

Fortunately the USB dongle works fully with a different microphone.
Back to top Go down
ElvisPresjew

Headset Empty
PostSubject: Re: Headset   Headset EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 6:16 am

Sweet. Theres loads of headsets for around that price, some look better than others. The same with the USB adaptor. I'll sort it out tomorrow and get something ordered hopefully.
Back to top Go down
Progenitor
Leader
Leader
Progenitor

Headset Empty
PostSubject: Re: Headset   Headset EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 6:29 am

the sooner the better cheers
Back to top Go down
Deacon
Deacon

Headset Empty
PostSubject: Re: Headset   Headset EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 6:34 am

i'd really reccomend waiting and getting one for more than £30 elvis as a headset can last you along time its worth investing wisely. Now im not saying you should buy the best headset out there but maybe you could buy a turtle beach or something.
Back to top Go down
ElvisPresjew

Headset Empty
PostSubject: Re: Headset   Headset EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 8:04 am

Yeah this is true. Although I'm a student, and anything I spent 70+ quid on that isn't drink or some really, really nice food is way out of my league.

If anything this is a short term solution, as I can't use the bluetooth headset as, well they are shit, so this is the cheapest solution, and if it works, not a bad one in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Raijin-X
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Raijin-X

Headset Empty
PostSubject: Re: Headset   Headset EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 10:03 am

yeah elvis if you could gather 70 pounds soon its worth getting the px21 trust me they immense Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Headset Empty
PostSubject: Re: Headset   Headset Empty

Back to top Go down

Headset
Page 1 of 1