The Enigma Gaming Clan Web Forum
Hello welcome to The Enigma Gaming official clan forums please log in or register, thank you.
Hello welcome to The Enigma Gaming official clan forums please log in or register, thank you.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Enigma Gaming - Leading the FPS Genre

PortalRegisterHomeLatest imagesLog in
All members of Enigma Gaming please register now.
Please Register and make a few posts, thank you.
Get involved with the latest clan operations today!

ash's Fallout 3 goty overview and how to start the game.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ashbashbluesfan
Administrator
Administrator
ashbashbluesfan

ash's Fallout 3 goty overview and how to start the game. Empty
PostSubject: ash's Fallout 3 goty overview and how to start the game.   ash's Fallout 3 goty overview and how to start the game. EmptySat Jul 03, 2010 12:21 am

Fallout 3 Background

Fallout 3 is an FPS Style RPG(Role-Playing Game) set in post apocalyptic Washington D.C. . The Chinese and USA basically nuked the whole world to shit. a few people survived in underground vaults, others survived on the surface but mutated.

the whole in-game world is a huge wasteland, towns consist of ruined buildings and shacks.

It is incredibly lawless with enemys everywhere in the wilderness.

The style of the game

This is made by Bethesda Studios, they are often mixed up between fellow rpg developers bioware.

Bioware have made games such as mass effect and dragon age - their style of rpg's are very story based, you have very little choice on how you actually achieve your goals, they are very linear games, still fantastic, especially their develop of the characters but linear.

Bethesda made games such as their incredibly successful Elder scrolls series featuring morrowind and most recently oblivion. These games whilst they are still RPG's like bioware, these are Sandbox style rpg's. You decide how you play, there are many ways to accomplish each mission and you can do whatever you like in the game, if you want you can completely ignore the main missions, go on a killing spree, collect tin cans, basically you can do whatever you want with no direction forced upon you. the entire world is instantly available to you.

The game featurs a Karma system, doing good things increases your karma positively and doing eveil things decreases it. If you do many good deeds certain places will welcome you and offer you free stuff whilst others will turn you away completely. The same applies for evil karma, you will be welcomed by slavers, murderers and thieves and welcomed into their settlements and recieve free stuff but you will be turned away from 'good' settlements.

The good and bad points

This game is HUGE, there are so many missions especially in the GOTY edition if you think your typical game is around 15 hours max your looking closer to 100 on this, and it has massive replay value as you can start new games to try out all the different styles and approaches.
oblivion was easily a 400 hour game and i'd say this could take at least 300 hours to fully explore and complete verything possible in every way.

The weaponry and items are extensive there is just tons of places to go and innocents to murder. In short if you are willing to spend some time on this game then you'll see how great it is, if your looking for your typical 10-15 hour game such as assassins creed or uncharted then this won't be for you because you won't even make a dent in this game in such a short time.

I highly recommend that you buy this and if you do get the GOTY version, its £5 extra at Gamestation and you get £40 worth of DLC and about 60 hours extra.

the only bad point is the very boring tutorial. in the vault.

How to start the game

The start as with many games imo is very dull, at 1st you'll be bored until you finish the tutorial.
once you exit the vault(tutorial) you will basically be placed outside and its left down to you what you do.

I recommend the following course of action in order to get yourself some good equipment and plenty of ammo:

Head to Megaton, and speak to the sheriff guy he'll tell you about a bomb in the middle of town, its down to you whether you defuse this, but go to the soloon and speak to a guy called mr. burke he will offer to pay you to detonate the bomb.
This is where you decide if your going good or evil. if you disarm the bomb you get a megaton shack(house) and alot of good karma. if you detonate the bomb you get a luxury suite at the top of tenpenny tower, alot of bad karma and 500 caps(money). its personal preference as to which house is better personally i prefer the tower as its more secure and your valuables won't be robbed.

once this is done, head to the outcasts radio signal and complete the operation anchorage DLC, this will get you one of the best armor pieces and some incredible weaponry, as soon as thats finished do the mothership zeta DLC to get some top quality alien weaponry, around 2000 ammuniton and your very own flying saucer xD.

after thats done your pretty much set up, you have top guns and top armor with lots of ammo, so from then on out its down to you what you do.

the game is now just £24.99 for GOTY edition so a real great price and i highly recommend you get it, if you don't want to take my word then watch an online review at www.gamespot.com or www.ign.com
Back to top Go down
Progenitor
Leader
Leader
Progenitor

PostSubject: Re: ash's Fallout 3 goty overview and how to start the game.   ash's Fallout 3 goty overview and how to start the game. EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 9:41 pm

Ur playing this game pretty much all day now , it must be pretty awesome Razz
Just saw some revieuws , ill probaly get this to since its a pretty old game now. How many Houres of gameplay is in it?
Back to top Go down
ashbashbluesfan
Administrator
Administrator
ashbashbluesfan

PostSubject: Re: ash's Fallout 3 goty overview and how to start the game.   ash's Fallout 3 goty overview and how to start the game. EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 7:14 am

Progenitor wrote:
Ur playing this game pretty much all day now , it must be pretty awesome Razz
Just saw some revieuws , ill probaly get this to since its a pretty old game now. How many Houres of gameplay is in it?

yh great game, similar to oblivion if you haven't played oblivion or morrowind that are also by bethesda then you won't really know what its like.

Its a RPG just like dragon age and mass effect, except it has much more choice, so there are literally a million different ways you can replay it, there are also 3+ ways to complete every single mission, compare that to dragon age in which you basically get told exactly what to do in every mission and there is 1 way to achieve it. so theres a ton more replay value in it than most rpg's, i'd say you could easily get 300 hours+ on this game probably more, you'd definately get 150 hours play time before your bored so for £25 its a great price.

and yh originally released in 2008, and the game of the year in 2009, very cheap now for the GOTY version and well worth it.

Fallout new vegas should be awesome too in november, i shall probs jst be getting bored of fallout by then ready for the next 1 lol

i generally play as an evil bastard, i hang around at the slavers camp then cruise over to some settlement in the wasteland and catch a few people to sell as slaves, if you catch children they fetch an extra 50$ cuz they survive longer lol nothing quite as cool as blowing up a whole town with a megaton bomb either xD
Back to top Go down
Geezer__x

PostSubject: Re: ash's Fallout 3 goty overview and how to start the game.   ash's Fallout 3 goty overview and how to start the game. EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 10:47 am

i hjad this on pc, but i didnt have a decent graphic card at the time, i may have to re-buy it for ps3, never knew you got all the downloadable content with it.
Back to top Go down
ashbashbluesfan
Administrator
Administrator
ashbashbluesfan

PostSubject: Re: ash's Fallout 3 goty overview and how to start the game.   ash's Fallout 3 goty overview and how to start the game. EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 8:40 pm

Geezer__x wrote:
i hjad this on pc, but i didnt have a decent graphic card at the time, i may have to re-buy it for ps3, never knew you got all the downloadable content with it.

the new 1 is coming out pretty soon actually, well cotober i think

http://e3.gamespot.com/story/6266423/fallout-new-vegas-hands-on
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ash's Fallout 3 goty overview and how to start the game.   ash's Fallout 3 goty overview and how to start the game. Empty

Back to top Go down

ash's Fallout 3 goty overview and how to start the game.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Enigma Gaming Clan Web Forum :: Game Discussion :: All Other Games-
Jump to: